Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Third Mate

Panama Canal Cruise

Sail Date: October 08, 2012

The ship did not have a lot to offer considering the amount of days this cruise is at sea. I think they should use a larger ship that has more room for extra activities.
I also think it was a shame that we could not spend an entire day in one of the Mexico ports. There was very limited time in both Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. Maybe they should skip one and stay overnite at one of those ports.

Pros: The featured ports

Cons: Too many days at sea

Recommends Celebrity Infinity? No.

We were in Aqua class and were assigned to dining in their Blu restaurant. We would have to wait for a table\, we were even sent away and told to come back later. Did not appreciate that at all. Ended up dining in the main dining room with select dining most evenings. We were expecting assigned seating in Blu\, but they don't do that. Also\, the waiters were not as chatty or friendly in Blu and the sommelier poured the smallest glasses of wine in that restaurant. Was extremely disappointed at that. When ordering wine in a bar or in main dining room\, we were served a larger amount of wine.
The room is comfortable and all but the location of our room was right over the motor or something. I continually felt the ship for all 15 nights and it took a few days to stop feeling sea sick in my room. I could go almost anywhere else on the ship and not feel movement\, but as soon as I came to my room\, it was noticeable.
We especially appreciated the help we received from the concierge on this ship. We like to go out on our own in the ports and he was extremely helpful with giving us information for that.
Thought most of the entertainment was not that good. Very disappointed that both celebrity cruises we have been on did not feature an adult late night comedy show.