Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Panama Canal Cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2011

Although the Infinity is several years old it is still a beautiful ship and well maintained though we had a few problems with our stateroom that were quickly fixed. I wasn't excited about the ports of cal. We missed George Town due to a medical emergency. Cartagena's old town was interesting and worth walking through but the day was very hot and humid. We took the Costa Rica Favorites shore excursion (in pouring rain but it was still fun), saw a few crocs and some beautiful birds but not nearly the wildlife I'd expected. Took too long to get off the ship and into the tour bus. I might recommend getting a few people to share the expense of a private tour. I took a birding tour in Huatulco where I got a few good photos. Again, it was very hot so take water with you. Mosquitoes were not a problem as I'd heard but take repellent just to be sure. Acaulco's cliff divers are about all that is worthwhile to see so just take a shuttle to see them when you're off the ship. We just walked around Cabo which doesn't have much to offer, too touristy, but there is a bar at the far end of the pier that offers beer for a buck and Margaritas for three dollars and Mariachi music for three bucks a song.

Pros: Cruising the Panama Canal

Cons: Port of Acapulco

Recommends Celebrity Infinity? Yes!

Very much enjoyed most of the theater entertainment though a few singers were just average in my opinion.
Overall the food is excellent. I especially like the lunch and breakfast selections. Soups in the main dining room were good but too salty for my taste. I think they could have had more options for the dinner buffet. One suggestion; buy a carafe of wine in the buffet for ten bucks which gives you three glasses. Take the glasses into the main dining room which is ok since I checked with the wine steward but don't take the carafe itself. You can save a lot of money this way.
Door lock wouldn't work but it was quickly fixed. The smoke-humidity alarm went off twice so I simply reached up and unscrewed it and removed the battery. The alarm went off when the balcony door was open too long. The room has many shelves and drawers and suitcases can be stored under the bed. The hair dryer in the bathroom is handy. The bed was very comfortable.
Staff is exceptionally friendly and responsive.