Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to South America

enjoyed port tours

Sail Date: January 01, 2007

I enjoyed all of my port tours, I think I chose wisely. All passengers did not tell me the same. I do not have the list in front of me so am speaking from memory. The first was Photo Safari, really good, forest hike, snow capped volcano with lake, nice lunch and location. Then Fort Bulnes, wonderful with old historical buildings, beautiful walk through forest to bay (I framed for my two offices a picture I took of the prior volcano and this forest-bay), Port Famine, and a home tour with folk dancing. And we saw a nice glacier--my husband and I valued the container we bought with hot chocolate but mine disappeared from the cabin?? When the ship had 33 foot waves for dinner, my husband slid into the window sill--staff were very efficient with dinner, replacing broken glasses and dishes but my vegetarian meals were not as good as on 10 other cruise trips on varied lines. The Beagle Channel catamaran trip was so nice until the light house with sudden storm and I was scared and sick. Then my husband's staff wanted him back. Ship staff were very helpful for him to have special arrangement to fly back from Ushuauia sp?. Then I went on to Falkland Islands and enjoyed the farm tour and a penguin cove tour. The Gentoo penguins wanted to eat my shoes!ha ha Back to Argentina, the Welch choir was very good and interesting Southern sea lions by cliffs. All guides on all my tours were helpful. (apparently better than some that others reported to me) Then Uruguay farm tour with lunch and dancing. I enjoyed riding a horse drawn buggy and a hay wagon. The sheep shearing and cow milking were interesting. Iguazu Falls was the highlight but should have been three days. Though scared, I rode the zodiac and am glad I bought the film--my husband says "there you are". I also framed for my offices an Iguazu picture I took and all my patients love the three new pictures. The cute coatimundi animals too wanted to chew my shoes! I also enjoyed the 4x and train rides. At the end of the day after train and hike by river they nicely took me back to Sheraton Hotel in a gulf cart. Many of us thought we would be back for six PM dinner as the tour was called a 12 hour tour but was 17 hours with flight and all..We did not get to say goodbye to our dinner table. And, some had not packed, and we got back after 10 PM! I got around three hours of sleep. I appreciated some food being brought to my room. Then, rather than stay cramped on ship, I started another 17 hour time period until home--the Tygre River cruise--beautiful--ate at nice Goto Blanka restaurant. They took us to the airport, the airport was not open for us, we were "babysat" for five hours standing mostly still for those five hours. I fortunately had a cane with a seat. I finally got to a check in counter. I saw a large older man falling about five feet away--people saying he's "awful sick".I suspected a possible massive coronary. There were TWO security check ins--at last they found a wheel chair for me and I was put on the plane without the second security the others had In Atlanta, a small girl had to push two wheel chairs. The other lady and I were left sitting on an elevator, she, also from the ship had high fever from flu. Four days later I too had flu but fortunately not as ill as she. Thus. I have given the overall--wonderful tours that I chose but the ending was depleting of why I went--to get a good rest from a heavy pace. My husband liked the night programs--I mostly wrote cards, worked on my filming and got a little more rest in my cabin--no midnight chocolate feast. I would have liked one port in Antarctica and one in Brazil. Had a good massage with Julie and four good acupuncture treatments, a first for me. I appreciated the photo staff's photo opportunities. We have not yet received the Iguazu Falls card I sent home to my husband. (returned Feb. 12).

Recommends Celebrity Infinity? No.