Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

First time with Celebrity and Galaxy.

Sail Date: January 25, 2008

Our first cruise. We are/were pleased. Will go with you again but not to the carriabien. Ship was great. Weather was close to perfect. But those islands are like a third world country. Low class people with no pride of ownership--a very well hidden quiet secret. I was expecting places like the Hawianan Islands or Europe where we haved traveled more than a dozen times. What a sad surprise. If we ever go over there again we would not even get off the boat. We were overcharged on the shore excursions--our only poor experience.

Don't expect you will post this but how we feel. In a way we were deceived but I understand why. Good job on your part.

Pros: We were very pleased with everything.

Cons: No negatives for us about the ship experiences. The shore excursions were disappointing..

Recommends Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED)? Yes!

Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Best island on the tour in our view.
Curacao
The worst island we visited.
Oranjestad, Aruba
More build up and like middle class some but still not a desirable experience..
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Best island on the tour in our view.
Castries, St. Lucia
A very poor island. Would be afraid to be there after dark.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Bad place. As poor as the country in rural Georgia and Alabama.
Oranjestad, Aruba
More build up and like middle class some but still not a desirable experience..
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I thought this place was suppose to have some class. Very poor experience. Scarey.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Bad place. As poor as the country in rural Georgia and Alabama.
St. George's, Grenada
These people were just smart enought to want to get your money but not much value.
St. George's, Grenada
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Curacao
The worst island we visited.
Castries, St. Lucia
A very poor island. Would be afraid to be there after dark.