Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

The Magical Mediterranean

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

My wife and I read many different reviews about the Galaxy cruise in the Mediterranean and became very nervous. The reviews ran the gamut of horrible decor to mediocre entertainment to activities on any cruise on the planet. We decided to go ahead and book the cruise through and we were not disappointed!

The food was very creative and delicious. There never was the same entree or accompaniment twice and the wait staff was extremely attentive. When I asked for seconds on dessert (much to my wife's chagrin), there was not any problem and oftentimes they brought out a sampler platter of desserts for me! We ate in the main dining room every night and were never disappointed.

The ship was very clean and the cabin was more room than we expected. We had an oceanview room and the window was always clean offering wonderful views of the ports and landscape. We always came back from a hard day of sightseeing and our room was always very clean and tidy (even though I'm a bit messy). There were some parts of the ship that seemed a bit worn, but the ship was ten years old and I hardly noticed any dirty areas or parts that needed replacing. Overall, it was kept quite clean.

The entertainment, though, was average. I expected showstopping spectacles and, while the entertainers tried hard, they were not exactly the top-notch entertainment I had hoped. They seemed tired of the dances and their voices were weak. Plus, how many times can you play bingo? There were plenty of activities to choose from, but I was hoping for more intellectual pursuits. Although it wasn't horrible, this was definitely the least enjoyable part of the cruise.

Overall, the Mediterranean cruise was a wonderful cruise with Celebrity. They provided every want or need we could ever desire in a clean and attractive environment.

Pros: Excellent and creative food; outstanding service; spacious accomodations

Cons: Some excursions poorly organized; entertainment lackluster

Recommends Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED)? Yes!