Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED) Cruise Review

I have taken many cruises, both on Celebrity and other cruise lines, and I have to say that this is the most exceptional ship I've ever been on. Somehow it manages to go beyond the already high level of service and comfort one associates with Celebrity Cruises, and the result was a truly unforgettable vacation. The design of the ship is interesting, and manages to convey the intimacy of a small ship (say, one of the Seabourn liners for instance) while maintaining an almost infinite sense of space ; there is never any crowding, nor is there the uncomfortable sense of emptiness that the cavernous rooms on some ships give. The staff was friendly and well trained, with a familiarity that never crossed the line into intrusiveness. The entertainment has improved immeasurably since I last used Celebrity, and the shows were varied and enjoyable. The weather on my cruise was rough and quite rainy, but the ship was so nice that no one seemed to mind, and there was none of the "attitude" amongst the passengers that stormy weather so often brings forth. All in all I'd say that this is a ship that can be recommended without any hesitation to nearly anyone.