Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Absolutely Fabulous!!!

Sail Date: November 10, 2006

I have no negative comments on this trip. It was wonderful!!! The service onboard was fabulous. The cleanliness of the ship was impeccable. I don't particularly care for cruise food, but this food wasn't bad at all. The only thing I can say about this itinerary is that for me it was good because I'm still able to move about, but for elderly passengers it is a bit strenuous, so for those folks wanting to take this itinerary it should be noted that it is a little bit strenuous. Also, the cost of the excursions are extremely pricey. Other than that, everything was wonderful.

Pros: Everything that was planned went off without a glitch!

Cons: What's not to like?

Recommends Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED)? Yes!

Better than most cruise ships I've been on. I didn't go to dinner at all because I find that getting back for the day's events and rushing to dinner at 6 pm is not conducive to a relaxing vacation, so I ate on Deck 11 every evening.
The room was so small that both myself and my husband hit our heads on the upper bunks. We are married and I requested a full size bed but when we arrived, we got two sets of bunk beds. The stateroom attendant fixed the beds to a full size but we kept on hitting our heads on the upper bunks as there was no room to move about or around the beds.
The Galaxy is immaculate but not as flashy as most of the cruise ships that I've been on.
Always available when needed, except for the Matri 'D. I looked for him 3 times when I arrived (over the first two days) and couldn't find him to change our dinner seating, so I just ate on Deck 11 every evening.
There was always something to do!!!!
Mykonos, Greece
Way too expensive to shop. Beautiful little town.
Don't Miss: The baklava....
Messina, Sicily
I haven't found a place in Sicily that I don't like. Messina is also a great place to shop. We visited the supermarkets and got some really great deals on candies and other items.
Don't Miss: The views of the port in Messina are fabulous. The parks and city are just beautiful.
Santorini, Greece
Fantastic town. I took the stairs and am still recovering, but I took the cable car down and it scared the living daylights out of me. I would've preferred the stairs back down and I wouldn't even consider the donkey. The smell was making me nausious!
Don't Miss: Overall, it was a beautiful place to visit.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
I could live here it is so beautiful and clean. The French pastries were awesome. I just couldn't stop eating them. The Nicesous Salad that I had in Nice was fabulous. The streets in Nice and the ease of getting there from VilleFranche was great. It wasn't an expensive excurision. The overall experience for this fabulous port is that I want to spend a whole vacation there.
Don't Miss: the whole experience.....!!!!!
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
it was raining so we opted not to take the bus to Florence. I refused to pay those ridiculous excursion prices. Livorno is a waste of time and engery. It is a transient city of sailors, prostitutes and druggies. This city was not for me....
Don't Miss: Don't go here!
Naples, Italy
Best shopping in all of Europe. Most reasonable prices and selection of items. I highly recommend this town. The food in the restaurants in Naples was superb!!!
Don't Miss: The Shopping and the food!