Celebrity Galaxy (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

the wonderful cruise adventure

Sail Date: April 01, 2006

We recently sailed on the Galaxy. It was my wife's first cruise and we were very impressed by how smoothly the ship was run. There were a few problems but we were surprised there were not more because of the need for coordination between crew members of 50 nationalities. That in itself was awesome!! The food in the Orion was unbelievable. Ordinarily I am a very health conscious, conservative eater but once I got a taste of the food I could not get enough. Sometimes I had 2 and 3 deserts at both lunch and dinner. When I got home I discovered I had gained 7 pounds. Only surprise was that it was not more. Congrats on fine food and an even better staff to serve it.

Pros: the orion food and service

Cons: coffee in the oasis

The willingness of the staff to bend over backwards constantly amazed us.
OUtstanding food quality, especially in the Orion. The variety of dishes served was so versatile that we never were bored for lack of variety. The ambiance was good and the dining times were very convenient.
Stateroom was small but so efficiently designed that we never felt cramped even though we had no view of the water. Bed was one of the most comfortable that I had slept on except maybe my own.
Although we did not take advantage of the entertainment options very often we always felt we had something to do if we wanted to get out and do something exciting.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I will not return to this port. After visiting the other ones the preceded this one, this one seemed dull and uninteresting.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Something was not right at this port. We enjoyed ourselves but we were uneasy about the whole experience.
Cristobal, Panama
Waste of time. Could have skipped this port entirely. We were not encouraged to go beyond the port shopping area.
Had been there several times before. Did not like the fact that we had to tender to the shore.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Waste of time. Too commercial.
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
Enjoyed mingling with the population. Had great shops.