Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Disappointing drop in quality on Celebrity

Sail Date: April 29, 2016

Other cruise lines have better shows and activities, but when I want great food, I choose Celebrity.  Out of my 14 cruises, 3 have been on Celebrity.  On our recent voyage to the Med, we were stunned by the drop in quality of the food and service in the Main Dining Room. I would say our first 5 nights, it was like eating at Denny's.  There were 3 nights of reasonably good food.  The service was equally sad.  We choose traditional seating so that we feel like the waiter gets to know us and we feel special.   That didn't happen on this trip.  It took until night 7 for the staff to remember that two of us don't want ice in our water.  Sounds picky perhaps, but if you don't have that special personalized feel, you might as well do a free style seating and choose your own dinner time.

The cabins were fine.  Short on storage space but pleasant.

The food in the 14th deck Oceanview Cafe (cafeteria/buffet) was great (for a cafeteria).

The staff was bafflingly uninformed. The guest relations deck couldn't give me a flyer to show which drinks were part of my beverage package. The descriptions of the shore excursions were fairly inaccurate making it hard for our two elderly parents to make a good choice about how much walking would not

Bring an extension cord.