Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean

Almost perfect

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

It has been 2 years since we were on Celebrity Aqua class

Overall all our expectations were met in the restaurant as well as the overall cleanliness and friendliness of the crew.

Our free laundry arrived on time and was done well.  We used the laundry and the dry cleaning services.

The attentiveness by the cabin crew was good and our requests were always met.

We had one excursion which was really unsafe.  This was a snorkeling trip in Martinique.

The boat used was a ferry and it was quite crowded.

On the second stop, for some reason the ferry captain needed to move the boat about 40 feet farther away from where he was anchored.

There was no warning, no horn blown etc. and the anticipated swim was much longer than first expected.

My husgand does not snorkel so he was on the boat, saw me floundering and tried to get the captain's attention.  One crew member spoke only French and by the time the captain understood my dilemma and got the safety line to me I was at the ferry.

I know how to save myself in such an event but fortunately the sea was quite calm but it was a frightening experience.

I reported it to the excursion people so that they could take note of the event.  I was not  interested in any compensation. The travel desk handled it well.

Another event happened in the buffet at lunch at the salad bar.

I reached for a bottle of olive oil and the very large bottle about 18-20 inches tall, apparently had dripping oil on it.  Consequently the bottle dropped from my hand and the very small splinters and shards of glass was all over me and my foot including my dress.

The staff assisted me immediately and I was taken to the medical center where I was checked and a cut to my toe bandaged.

My concern was that there was no follow up after other than the nurse to see if I needed anything.  I could not wear my shoes for a few days and it did interfere with my enjoyment of the cruise.

When I went to the purser two days later to request some assistance for the ruined dress, they were most helpful and gave me a $50 credit to my account for the dress.

Fortunately when I checked the salad bar two days later they had replaced these very large oil bottles with smaller ones and some of plastic.

No problems
We do not go to the shows but the bands were excellent. However the movies in the cabin were not very good and that was disappointing.

A really great ship except for the really mediocre movies in the cabin