Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

My first cruise, and so happy with Celebrity Equinox Cruise Ship 5 star well deserved

Sail Date: January 31, 2014

It was my 1st ever cruise, so i have nothing to compare to, but i can say, i am so glad i went with celebrity cruises, as i still smile from ear to ear when i revisit in my head.

Boarding was daunting for me, as i have never sailed, but the staff were very kind, and chatty, which occupied me. We were given champagne on arrival, and were able to see the drinks packages on offer for the duration of cruise. i personally didnt buy a package, there were only 2 of us, and it didnt seem worthwhile.

The cabin was an ocean view with veranda, and was spacious enough for 2. The veranda had a round wooden table, and 2 chairs. The cabin was on the port side, and didnt get much sun on the way out, but on the return part of journey, lots of sun.

There was plenty to do onboard, and the Equinox theatre was the main venue for the evening entertainment, various artists perform once at 7pm, then again, at 9pm, so all passengers get the opportunity to view the entertainment.

There is not really anything for children to do, other than swimming pool, and cinema.

The service from staff was excellent, 5 star, but in my opinion, coming into your room twice a day to fix your bed for you, is way over the top, but thats just my humble opinion, as i prefer not to be bothered.

Food was excellent on this cruise, the buffet restaurant was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then after 10pm, late night snacks, and you could stroll there at 2am if you wanted tea or coffee, or water (no tea or coffee facilities in cabin).

Silver Service dining, was nice for those who prefer being waited on, and the "select" dining put you with other passengers if you like meeting new people. Service from waiters was excellent, and swift.

I am a smoker, and was not amused when told i could not smoke out on my veranda, especially as i was on the lowest level, and didnt have any cabins underneath mine. I understand why, as there was a fire apparently, but still last thing i wanted to do at 2am was wander outside on the port side and sit and smoke, but, hey, i did it, and it turned out to be great, as the "smokers"  were a happy bunch, and we had a few giggles.

would i change anything? no, only bring more hangers myself.

For me personally, i am so glad this was my 1st experience on a cruise, i couldnt fault it. The staff deserve the praise, as they are a credit to the company they work for, happy smiling faces, and excellent manners.

Cruise Photos

spotlessly clean, newly painted, and wonderful decor
buffet food was great, excellent choice of cuisines, silver service dining food was perfect
excellent
outstanding, nothing but praise, as they all work extremely hard, and manage to smile all day, and be polite
enough to do, but not for children
i have said bad, but to be fair, there were only a few children, and they looked out of place
there were plenty of activities provided by the entertainment staff
destinations were beautiful
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
on return, awful, the queues, really the port was disorganised
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
clean, and everyone was friendly, and helpful
Basseterre, St. Kitts
not far to the shops
Bridgetown, Barbados
long walk to port
Roseau, Dominica
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
closest, and water taxis were great