Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Great 1st Time Cruise

Sail Date: March 16, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Beautiful ship. Our expectations have been set.

Pros: Waking up to our balcony view of blue skies & the bright blue ocean

Cons: smelling cigarette smoke around the pool and outdoor track area

Recommends Celebrity Equinox? Yes!

Dining & Celebrity Life Activities staff was alot of fun and highly professional. The stateroom/room service/housekeeping staff was good but not excellent. Nick from the Aqua Spa/Gym was simply great. He led excellent and hard workouts throughout the time on the cruise. Look up Gravity for your next workout!
Execellent! The ship and the decor was in perfect condition! The outdoor pool could be bigger however. Smoking should not be allowed right next to the outdoor track/exercise area.
I have never seen so many food choices! The food was absolutely excellent. The Siloutte dining area was excellent, the Aqua Spa Cafe was excellent and the specialty dining options were perfect!
As a first time cruiser, my friend prepared me for the small-like rooms. I was pleasantly surprised that we had as much room as we did. The size and decor was really nice - including the balcony furniture where we had breakfast nearly every morning! Disappointment - - the last day of our cruise, I took the sheets and pillow cases off the bed, shockingly, our matress pad and pillows were heavily stained from other passenger's stays. Completely Disgusting! I told my stateroom attendant about the stains and she seem to just brush it off.
If you take baggo and ping-pong seriously, you will be pleasantly surprised with the competition! For this group of 40 yr olds, the evening entertainment was too old for most of us. There's a reason I have only been to Branson, MO. once in my life! The Celebrity Life Activities are pretty fun. Wish there would have been more than 1 kitchen tour during the cruise.
Simply the very best!!! I was so impressed with the amount of activities and quality of art projects the kids participated in. Every night, my kids went crying back to the stateroom because they were having so much fun! What a fabulous break for parents and what a great time for the kids! Soooo worth it!!!