Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Mexico

equinox cruise disappointment

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

New beautiful ship but need time to get boarding and deboarding to where it should be. Need more dining room staff. Seem to cut corners on food. Poor cuts of beef, tomatoes not ripe, shrimp called jumbo but looked very smaller,portion smaller than other cruises.

Pros: Beautiful ship, very nice balcony cabin, overall service very good, Asian specialty restaurant very good

Cons: the food in the dining room was very inconsistant (great to not edible). Boarding slow, deboarding very poor 45 minutes in line before exiting ship even though express departure. If you picked Celebrity for the food try a smaller ship

Recommends Celebrity Equinox? No.

Their prime show a takeoff of Cirque de Soliel was excellent, the rest was predictable but ok.
I take Celebrity because of the food. Of the cruises I've taken with various lines including Celebrity, I would rank this as tied for the bottom for dining food. Although the asian restaurant was very good and the buffets were good. Also half of my dessert choices were bland at best
This would have been excellent except my wife is disabled and needs her cane to get around. The staff seemed to ignore her condition by only once trying to help her in the buffet line, seating us at far off tables when closer ones were available and other examples. I blame insufficient staff.
beautiful new ship.
service, setup furnishings were all great.