Great ship, excellent service and food. Destinations kind of boring.

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Celebrity Edge

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 05, 2021

Ship: Celebrity Edge

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8213

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Great ship and staff, would definitely take this ship and staff on another cruise. Rooms were outstanding, food was top notch, staff is always "on" despite having only a day off each week. One thing that was outstanding was that drinks, gratuiry, and Wifi (slow) was included at no additional charge.....this is what made the difference and got us to book. The Carribean does not appeal to us at all, however, since the stops are all so dull (unless you have never seen a beach before in your life). We would not do Carribean cruise, unless it were free.

Embarkation

No lines. Ship was at half capacity, so did not need to queue anywhere. Health verifications were not too onerous.

Ship experiences

REally good, consistent food.

Older crowd on Celebirty cruises, so entertainment and games cater to the demographics.

We went to 6 evening shows, I would recommend 4 of them to others. 2 were worth seeing a second time.

Because I don't have children on the cruise

Top notch. Friendly. These people must always be "on" when engaging with customers. Hard to do, but they do it well.

Of my 4 cruises, this is the nicest ship I've ever been on. Immaculately clean.

Outstanding cabin design. Great shower. They certainly got this one right in the design phase.

Ship tip

Upgrade to waterview exterior cabin. No need for balconies.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida Did not visit port

embark/disembark. No shore excursions

All carribean destinations I have seen have been pretty dull. Maybe if passenger has never left the Dakotas their entire life, they might find the Carribean destinations exciting.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

This was a change after we booked the cruise. Didn't even get off the ship, it looked like such a waste of time.

Disembarkation

Smooth, much faster than expected.