A fantastic cruise!

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Celebrity Edge

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 15, 2019

Ship: Celebrity Edge

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 12228

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

This was my first cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship. The embarkation was well done and set the mood for the rest of the week. The ship was fairly easy to navigate on, with plenty of options for food and shopping. I even learned to play a roulette game. Eden was a bit hard to understand, with one performer being described as my sister as an "intergalactic Cinderella." I will happily cruise with this ship again.

Embarkation

My only problem with embarkation was on my end. I decided to try to use my mobile phone to check in and did not bring any paperwork. Bring paperwork as back up just in case! Fortunately I was able to get on the ship but it could have gone smoother.

Ship experiences

The variety of main dining options was really great.

Magic Carpet Bar

My cabin mate and I tried this on embarkation. Plenty of champagne cocktails, but the price got me concerned about affording the rest of the trip.

The Club

The martini selection was fantastic and the bar staff were friendly, but there never seemed enough room to sit even at the tables. Very cramped.

Raw on Five

A great sushi experience with a very helpful waiter. Fun was had when, after many sushi rolls, I ordered a "lobster roll" and was surprised to get a delicious sandwich!

Pool Bar

I found some great tropical cocktails here, and I believe it was my most visited bar on the ship!

Normandie

I really enjoyed the French inspired cuisine!

Le Petit Chef at Le Grande Bistro

This was a lot of fun! A new twist on dinner and a show!

Cosmopolitan Restaurant

This was the dining area my group had been assigned to. Wonderful wait staff and someliers. The food was great too!

My crew often got together for the many trivia games. Unfortunately due to an eye condition (genetic), I was unable to participate in much of the late evening activities.

Very friendly and accommodating!

Th cabin was accommodating and comfortable. I was initially concerned about electrical outlets but it turned out there were enough. The cabin steward was very helpful and the room was always clean.

Ports of call

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Despite the strike on the French side, the double-decker bus tour was great and we saw a lot. Unfortunately (?) No big planes went over our heads when we visited that beach by the airport!

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

I ended up visiting the Baths on a neighboring island, so I'll have to return to see Tortilla!

Disembarkation