Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second time even better than the first!

Sail Date: April 16, 2011

My favorites: The 5 course meals; the sit-down dining in a family atmosphere with our table mates at the end of a day of excursions and activities; the great service of our room attendants. The food was amazing (rack of lamb, osso buco, fish of all varieties, vegetarian delights). Prior to the trip, I was worried that my back would hurt on this trip from the bed. My room attendant (Su) brought in 5 different types of padding until he made me the "Princess and the Pea" bed. I slept like a log. Best vacation ever. Rondell Williams (The father in "Thats so Raven") was one of the comedians on our ship. He was hysterical. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. My son (16) also loved this cruise. There were many teens on this ship as well. Just not rude, wild ones.
The only trouble we encountered had to do with the Celebrity employees off of the ship: 1. One involved the travel arrangements prior to boarding (late flight due to tornado in N.C. on our boarding day, rude Celebrity phone operator that I called from the taxi who told us they would shut the doors on us if we did not board exactly at 4pm and we were 2 minutes late so we were very stresses out. It was actually 4:45pm that the doors shut so she lied and our taxi almost wrecked trying to get us there in time. Tried to call again and man told me the computers at Celebrity were down and he hung up on me. 2. Next rude, old man was when we disembarked. "Howard" in his security uniform did not wish to be asked any questions and rudely sent me to the wrong bus, which caused us to miss the correct bus and almost miss our flight home. When I asked a nice, "real" Port Authority Officer who he was, she laughed and said he was one of the people with Royal Carribbean/ Celebrity. That man needs to be replaced with one of the great employees onboard!

Pros: Excellent Food, Service, Entertainment.

Cons: Howard, the security guard, at the Miami Port and his "buddy." Very rude to me and my young son when I asked directions.

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn River Falls. Fun but the vendors were a little scary at trying to grab us and pull us into their wooden shacks. I wanted to purchase some souvenirs but was unable to do it because of them grabbing at us.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Aqua Boats was very fun but I would have preferred to stay in the 1st spot snorkeling outside the Westin Hotel on 7 mile beach.