Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Another Great Cruise

Sail Date: March 17, 2008

This was the second cruise my husband and I have taken and booked through this website. I was at least as excited about this cruise as the first. Our first was on Carnival and everyone we spoke to told us how much better the Celibrity Line was so we went with very high expectations. Although we only had one problem with the cruise, (the overflowing toilet), I believe our expectations were too high. We both decided that our experience on Carnival was at least as good, if not better, than this one. Having said that, let me state that the cruise was great. The entertainment was perhaps the only area where this line exceeded Carnival. It was fabulous!! The food, as always was excessive and if you couldn't find something you liked, you didn't look very hard. I don't eat sushi, but I heard many others state that it was as good as they had ever had. My only frustration was with the ice and tea stations. The ice machines were very slow and usually ran out during lunch. I was very pleased with the many and varied offerings on the lunch buffet. Everything from salads to custom prepared stir fry. There were many healthy options. The desserts were fabulous and not just in the main dining rooms. Those on the buffets were just as good. The one thing my husband was very pleased with was the photographers. They were there and would take any pictures you wanted, but they were not intrusive as we felt they were on our previous cruise. One more thing. This cruise offered a caricaturist who did free protraits every evening and we had an absolute blast with that. The only other thing I can think of to improve this line would be to work on the comfort of the beds. I realize that the bed was two twins pushed together, but we had the same kind of bed on our other cruise and the beds didn't scoot apart as these did.

Pros: The attitude of all the staff

Cons: It took two days to get the overflowing toilet in our stateroom fixed

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman

Don't Miss: the beaches and the water
Key West, Florida