Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

GREAT honeymoon vacation

Sail Date: February 18, 2008

I've been on RC before and the rooms on Celebrity were MUCH more spacious. Lots of closet space so we were able to unpack as soon as we got there. The bathroom was also bigger than RC. Other little service niceties were when we came back to the ship after Grand Cayman, they were waiting for us at the dock with cold juices and cold washcloths. Even though the food was pretty ordinary, the service was great. The room service was decent though.

Overall, Celebrity is pretty tame. We were mainly looking for relaxation (and tremendously enjoyed the AquaSpa onboard) much needed rest. However, if you're looking for a lot of activity this might not be the cruise for you. The pools and whirlpools closed at 8 p.m. which I thought was a bit early, and the activities on here didn't interest me as much as on Royal Caribbean. I also wouldn't take my kids on this line as it seems more geared towards adults (which is a plus if you prefer that).

Pros: The people, the service and the cabins.

Cons: The food was ordinary.

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!

Key West, Florida
We didn't do much in Key West, but it's a great little town. My only addition would be that if you're strolling around in need of a public restroom, there's a historic house on the main street that has FABULOUS bathrooms! This may seem like a strange comment, but if you've ever done a lot of touristy stuff, it can be tricky to find a decent and clean restroom. Sorry I can't remember the exact address or name of the historic house.
Key West, Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went directly to the beach. But on the way back we had some GREAT calamari at this restaurant (I think it was called Beaches something) directly across the street from the pier. But beware, the prices are in British dollars so what you'll spend US in a bit more than what you see on the menu.
Don't Miss: 7 Mile Beach