Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An overall very nice cruise

Sail Date: February 09, 2008

Overall it was a very nice cruise. We have cruised on Celebrity multiple times and have always been impressed. This particular ship was our least favorite of the four cruises we have been on with Celebrity. Constellation was number one, Galaxy was number two and Century was number three. This was mainly becuase the overall service was not as up to snuff. The food was very good in the main dining room, but the breakfast and lunch buffets on Deck 11 were not as good (seemed like they had cut corners to lower costs on the food). The ship itself was very very clean, and had been re-furbished nicely, but it was small and somewhat cramped in the public areas. Our execursions were not good at all ,some of that was because the islands themselves don't have much to offer, other than beaches,, snorkeling and swimming. Our stateroom service was not that great. The room was kept very clean. We were in the Conceirge Class this time and I was not overly impressed with the service. My bag was delivered later than on any other ship. I had to call about all of the extra amenities, such as fresh flowers, fruit, ice, breakfast menus,delivery of our evening canapies, the pillow menu, etc... The stateroom attendent was poorly trained and did not inform us about any of the extras and how they would be delivered etc... In comparison to our other cruises with Celebrity, we felt this was not their best. I would still recommend Celebrity over any of the other large ship cruise lines. They are overall a class act, but this ship and crew seemed to have a harder time getting it all together.

Pros: THE FOOD!THE ENTERTAINMENT! MAIN DINING ROOM SERVICE

Cons: THE STATEROOM SERVICE,THE SHORE EXCURSIONS,CROWDED POOL AREA

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
This is a nice island, good shopping, especially if the dollar is higher. Nice beaches, but little else to do.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
I did not feel like this was a very welcoming port of call. The people are sullen and do not really want you there. They just want your money. It is not clean.
Don't Miss: nothing that I could see...
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Don't Miss: nothing that I could see...
George Town, Grand Cayman