Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Not what I expected from Celebrity

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

Our stateroom was one of the best layouts I've seen. I was disappointed that 2 of the 4 hot tubs were broken for the first few days of our trip, the pools were way too cold to use (although one was supposed to be heated??), several of us wanted to play craps but the table was hardly ever open, masseuse in the spa hurt me then gave me a sales pitch while I sat naked on the table (more uncomfortable than the relaxing services I had hoped for), food wasn't great and had that "catered" look (I know they're serving 2000 dinners but...) and even if it was the best food I'd ever eaten I couldn't enjoy it with the tables being so close together that the waiters and guests were constantly squeezing between our chairs and those of the tables next to us. And my biggest "peeve" was the smokers on the ship and the lack of enforcement of the posted smoking policies.

The best feature on Century was it's staff. From the security & greeters to our attentive stateroom attendant (Alex) to the dining room waiters and someliers, everyone was always happy and friendly. You can't walk anywhere without being greeted and questioned about your day. One night my mother wound up at our dinner table alone. For one reason or another the other 6 of us skipped that night. Between the servers, attendants, maitre' d, etc, someone was always at the table, striking up conversation so she wouldn't be alone.

I chose this company for it's reputation and this itinerary for the variety of ports visited. Overall the trip was a success but we felt the ship fell short of expectations.

Pros: Room size- great layout made most of small area; happy, friendly staff

Cons: smokers

Recommends Celebrity Century? No.