Celebrity Century Cruise Review

Embarkation was a breeze on the Century. My husband and I took a taxi from the airport and did not wait in line at all. We arrived around 1pm and was in our suite on the Penthouse Deck by 1:30pm. Champagne was on ice when we arrived in our cabin. There was plenty of space for luggage, the closet was roomy and the sitting area was arranged nicely. This was our first cruise as we celebrated our 10th anniversary. Since we had a balcony, my husband and I stayed on the balcony as the ship departed from Port Everglades. Our luggage arrived soon after we reached our suite which was 1075. I cannot imagine going on a cruise with no balcony. It is well worth the extra money.The butler service was great. Our butler was very cordial and attentive to our needs. Finger sandwiches and cookies were brought to our cabin every afternoon at 4pm. The bathroom was roomy and the whirlpool tub was nice. The cabin was kept immaculate, although we never found anyone in the cabin. They must watch you everytime you leave. The age group of passengers was diverse.Let's talk about the food. We had room service breakfast every morning and it was great. Always on time! Lunch was o.k. but dinner was great. The entrees in the Grand Dining Room were exceptional as well as the service. The only thing we would change is the structure of having to dine at 8:30 everynight if we had a choice of alternative dining as in freestyle cruising. The formal nights were very nice although I did see some passengers who were not dressed as I would call "formal". We were on the Western itinerary with stops in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, (which we missed due to a tropical depression), Cozumel and Key West. Even during a storm, this ship is very stabilized. There were great deals on jewelry in Ocho Rios and watches in Cozumel. The shore excursions were o.k. with plenty of time to shop. Having no tenders was nice.The overall cleanliness of this ship is excellent. Service was great. Shows were o.k. The only negative experience was the way this cruise line disembarks. We had to be out of our cabin by 8:00am with no coffee or room service on the final morning. After breakfast, we were all herded like cattle to the lounges to wait for our color to be called to begin disembarkation. We would have liked to stay in our suite longer. However, if you like formal nights, great dining, friendly and exceptional service, you will love this beautiful ship. We would cruise with Celebrity again. We loved cruising so much, that we have already booked another cruise for the Eastern Caribbean this spring on NCL.