Celebrity Century Cruise Review

I have cruised many times and have learned that the cruise experience is always better if you have no preconceived ideas and are willing to relax and enjoy yourself. This being my raison d'etre, let me tell you about my wonderful honeymoon cruise in August of 2001. We arrived at the port only to discover that the itinerary had been changed from the Western Caribbean to the Eastern due to a hurricane. We were disappointed since we had both been on almost that exact cruise the previous January. However, we realized that we'd rather repeat a sunny cruise than take a new cruise with no sun.The embarkation was quick and painless.Once we boarded and got underway, I discovered that some of my jewelry had been stolen. This certainly put a "damper" on our mood, but we still resolved to enjoy ourselves regardless. Also, this wasn't the cruise line's fault. I was stupid to not have carried this particular bag on and/or not to have locked it. A lesson learned.I enjoy some of the night spots in San Juan, but that is all. I can't say enough wonderful things about St. Thomas. It is my favorite place in the world.After we left St. Thomas, the weather turned on us. We couldn't stop in St. Maarten due to very high seas. That night the ship was turned around to avoid even more storms. The only "bad" day we had was that one. It was raining and the seas were very wild. My husband and I enjoyed watching the storm, however, and neither of us minds a rocking ship.The next port was supposed to be Nassau, but due to the storm we didn't stop there either. I have to add that I do prefer more days at sea than stopping at a lot of ports. However, this is a personal preference not shared by everyone. My husband and I enjoyed the extra days at sea and the fact that we were in nice weather for the remainder of the week.I loved the food and the entertainment. The service was above and beyond the call of duty. Everyone on the cruise staff was very friendly and lots of fun. We were treated like royalty. Our cabin was spaceous and beautiful and always kept clean and neat (even though I am a very messy person).I was quite impressed with how the crew and staff handled the unhappy passengers and all their demands and recriminations. I felt very sorry for them because they had to take the brunt of all these "spoiled brats." I believe those people just don't know how to relax and enjoy what they have rather than worry about what they are missing. Celebrity was so nice they even gave us a discount on our next cruise as well as a ship board credit. They did not have to do any of this. It is not the cruise line's fault if the weather is bad and they did everything in their power to keep us safe and sailing in the sunshine.I would definitely take another cruise on the Century and plan to travel on another Celebrity ship in the very near future. This could have been a nightmare but instead it was a memorable honeymoon experience.