Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not What I Expected

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I expected "celebrity" treatment and exceptional quality food after all of the hype surrounding Celebrity cruise lines. What I got was a bathroom that needed to be cleaned with mold growing on the caulk; a dining room server who never took the time to get to know what we liked; a crowded, unorganized midnight buffet with no preview time for pictures; and only one fun activity time that lasted 30 minutes on our sail away from Grand Cayman. The cruise activities seemed designed for the 60+ crowd, but the service was more geared toward the 30 and under crowd. I will not pay more for a Celebrity cruise again. I have sailed Carnival in the past and the service, food, and activities are far superior to what we received on this trip.

Pros: Photography and Merchandise Sales were not intrusive.

Cons: Lack of activities and "so so" service

Recommends Celebrity Century? No.

The teen room was directly over the spa so when I was trying to relax during my spa treatment I could hear kids jumping around on the floor above.
The comedians were decent. The singers and dancers were just OK. The activities on the ship were practically nonexistent and if you stayed up past 9pm there was nothing to do but go to the casino. The pool shut down at 8pm and the pool bars all shut down as well. BORING is the best word I know to describe the activities.
Nothing spectacular. The food was just OK and the wait staff seemed unconcerned.
This is the only thing that I can say was great on this ship. The kids stayed entertained the entire cruise and didn't want to their groups. The kid's program was excellent.
The stateroom ws nice, except for the mold growing on the caulk in my shower and around my sink and the dirt on the caulk around the mirror.
The room steward and his assistant were very friendly. The bar staff was also friendly. I did have a problem finding bar staff passing through the casino and on the pool deck. If you didn't go to the bar, you had to wait a long time for someone to come around and offer you a drink.