Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good Cruise, Could Have Been Better

Sail Date: March 09, 2009

We were a group of ten on our senior spring break of college. We were not looking to do an MTV wild night but we were not looking to be in bed at 9 either. The celebrity century is a beautiful ship inside and out. The staterooms were big enough to fit three college guys and our steward took good care of us. Upon boarding we were given a glass of champagne and it certainly was a great way to say bon voyage. The food at the main dinner was a big letdown. Everything I had heard about celebrity was that the food was to be incredible, I found it to be just the opposite. The food was sub-par on most nights and tend to lack any real excitement.

The sushi bar was a great addition and the ability to order room service all hours of the night was helpful. All of the food shutdown so early though so you were forced to eat room service instead of go up for a midnight snack, no midnight buffet on Century. The drinks were not the cheapest, on average about $8 dollars a drink. The pools shutdown at 8 and that includes the hot tubs. The casino had very low-limits which made it more enjoyable to play as I would otherwise have no money left.

The shows were okay. It was a cruise ship and not Radio City Music Hall and I can understand that. We stopped at the Keys and on Grand Cayman, both islands were great and I really did have a great spring break. I just built up the food to be much better in my mind and it was a let-down. I don't really see what was so luxurious about Celebrity cruises. They don't make you feel like a celebrity, they make you feel like you should be lucky to get what you get.

Pros: The quality of the ship was superb! Very clean and easy to get around, friednly staff

Cons: The food was dissapointing and overall entertainment not the best

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!

Nothing to write home about
Beautiful Ship, well laid out.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did a $25 trip to the sting-rays and were snorkeling over some coral reefs. It was enjoyable
Key West, Florida
We found a place that had one-dollar drafts...needless to say it was a great Tuesday.