Highly reccommed

Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 26, 2009
Ship: Celebrity Century
The ship was lovely! Our room rocked- veranda suite across aft of ship. We spent a lot of time in the casino. I did not want to see the shows, but the ones I did see were so great!! Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The worst complaint I heard was a lady saying they ran out of oj and her husband was too long for the bed. Dining was very nice. Upgrade to Murano at least one night- you will feel so pampered. We stopped in the Keys- I totally didn't want to and it was clean and fun. Grand Cayman was fun because we did an excursion- I reccommend one, b/c when it was over there wasn't much to do.

Main dining was very nice- the Murano was increadble. It was amazing. We had late seating and you could grab sushi in between dinner and lunch. They had a nice ice cream bar that later switched to sorbets. Cute coffee lounge with piano and violins. Martini bar so pretty and trendy with a mini martini sampler!

Bingo was fun- casino great (only one roulette table, usually full) shows fun. The crazy Juggler (pete Matthews?) BRILLIANT! SO SO funny and the comic was also very good. I was looking forward to slipping into a few movies and they had a cute cinema- but crummy very old movies. I ony caught one, but had plenty of time to see a few more. Bummed they were so out of date.

Only saw about 10 kids on ship- school was in. didn't see a pool for them, teen club empty- I don't think I would take my kids on this ship. But I cannot say they didn't have a good program b/c I did not check it out. Although after going on Carnival and seeing all the sleezy singles practically mating around deck- These people were a wonderful crowd to have around children.

Staff was so friendly and although they worked non stop- they never seemed tired or grumpy. WE saw them around the ship after shifts in the nightclub and cafe and they were having fun with their friends, which made it even nicer.

I believe our ship was at capacity and we never felt crowded. Very clean- nothing felt far away.

Stateroom- perfect. Although there were 2 of us in a room that slept 5. Very nice divider if you did have more people.
We booked an excursion. It would be nice if they told you, you dont dock at this port. YOu ride the life boat over- I thought it was fun, but I am wondering if anyone was scared of small boats... We went on a glass bottom boat (it went over shipwrecks), to the turtle farm (only a 1/2 hour and so fun), and to HELL (which is silly but I was taking photos and mailing postcards) Once we got back there wasn't much to do, walk around, shop. I wanted to go somewhere local to eat- didn't know where to go. Ended up at Senor Frogs (no seafood) pretty expensive. All locals involved in our tour were very friendly.
Don't Miss: The turtle farm by our house in FL you cannot touch- here they hand them to you out of the tank. Very Very cool place!!
We just walked around. Planned a lazy day the boys hit a few local bars and we had lunch in Sloppy Joes (just to say we did) It wasnt a hot day- if it was I may have wished we didn't have so much time there. We did the MEl Fisher museum. Interesting. HOgs breath saloon. There is a pirates museum if you have kids- looked fun. YOu also may want to rent a scooter- not because of distance, just for fun.

Pros: The staff was perfect

Cons: Movies weren't so great

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!