Great First time cruise

Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 01, 2008
Ship: Celebrity Century
Actually I took my cruise in January 2008 - "2 day Bahamas cruise." This wasn't a choice in the date pulI-down menu. I loved having my own balcony! This is my first cruise experience and I know on future cruises I will never get an interior room or oceanview. Having the balcony RULES!! I loved sitting out on it, watching the water, and just relaxing! It was so wonderful seeing Nassau first thing in the morning from my own balcony! The room was very nice, bathrooms very clean! Room service was wonderful! This wasn't a crowded cruise at all so I had lots of attention from staff. +++To make my next cruise even more perfect, I will NOT opt for the " optional transfers included" - I spent at least an hour waiting for all airport passengers to arrive before the bus would leave. Next time I will just plan on getting a taxi. There were plenty of taxis at the airport and if memory serves me, I only saved about $30 by using bus service. +++ BEWARE of your scheduled time to be back on ship after onshore excursion. I opted for the Atlantis excursion which was great. The Atlantis is a BEAUTIFUL property!! BUT, once I was ready to leave I went back to where our excursion transfer boat was docked. I know I sat there at least 45 minutes, the crew would not leave without a full load. Now keep in mind that this was before the recent gas hikes so I am sure that they are even worse now. One couple from another ship kept telling the crew that they were going to miss their ship departing but the crew ignored them. They were getting very frustrated and I don't know if they made it back in time or not. I assume these boat operators are independent contractors so you are at their mercy. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET BACK TO YOUR SHIP BEFORE DEPARTURE!!

food was great and wide variety!

All staff members were extra friendly! The guys in the main dining area were a HOOT! They LOVE their jobs!

everything was spotless! Super clean!

Pros: Balcony in stateroom, cleanliness

Cons: waiting for

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!