Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mediocre cruise

Sail Date: March 17, 2008

When I booked a Celebrity cruise I thought I was getting a cruise that was supposed to be a step above. The ship was rated 4 star but it was definitely less than that.

Pros: The crew was very entertaining and got the passengers involved in having fun

Cons: The ship was in poor shape, worn out and my cabin was not very clean

Recommends Celebrity Century? No.

However, the first thing I notice when I went in my cabin was that the desk was sticky and had not been cleaned well, finger prints on everything, and an apple core was found under the bed. In addition the furnishing were worn out, mold in the bathroom. The maintenance team was replacing worn out carpet on our deck during for the duration of the curise (not what we were expecting). The public areas were in better condition.
There was a lot of food, however, it was hit or miss for the quality. I had to send back two meals at dinner time because they were over cooked. We did have dinner in the speciality restaurant and it was excellent.
The staff that we encountered were pleasant and helpful.
We enjoyed this part of the trip the most. The entertainment was fun from comedians, music in the clubs, and activities on the decks.
Key West, Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went to a beach where many ship tourist were herded into vans and then lined up on the beach closely together. I would suggest finding your own private options for sightseeing and not following the crowd.