Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great cruise! Highly recommended!

Sail Date: April 16, 2007

My husband and I booked a 5 day Celebrity Cruise that had ports of call in Key West and Grand Caymens. We have not been on a cruise in 7 years and thought it was high time...and we are so glad we did! The food was excellent. We choose an inside stateroom as a test (to see if we could handle it). It was great. The room was more than adequate. There were nice little touches such as a lotion dispenser in the bathroom, a fridge, ample closet space and nice beds. Our room was cleaned twice a day and our room attendant, Joyce, was very pleasent.

The pool area was very busy during the day, but if you have a late seating, you can wander out about 5:00 and you will have the place to yourself. My husband and I found a place on deck 6 where everyone is 65+ (which is fine with us...we wanted quiet) where they have chairs and shuffleboard. I do believe most people are not aware of this little hidden gem. If you want peace and quite - go there, it is great.

The main dinning is fabulous. The buffets are great (all you can eat ice cream, pizza - which is handmade, and pasta - homemade as well).

There is only one formal night on this cruise, but I would say even though it states casual - jeans always looked out of place. However, you of course, would not be turned away.

Service was OUTSTANDING. Ports were great and Celebrity had the best handle on taxiing. When you get back to the port, they have drinks and cold towels for you. On your first day you are greeted with champagne.

All in all this was a great experience and I would highly recommed Celebrity Century.

Pros: Dinner! Accomdations! Service!

Cons: Our shuttle back to the airport

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
Skip the shopping - and take a taxi ($10) to the beach and hang out until the ship leaves.
Key West, Florida