A fun and relaxing cruise.

Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Celebrity Century

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

Ship: Celebrity Century

Review Summary

This was a very good first experience on your ship line. I was impressed by the variety of services offered, and the crew and attendants were wonderful. The dining room was just beautiful. To be so large, it felt much more intimate that I would have thought, and the staff were so professional and fun to be around. They truly take delight in their job, and it shows.

Ship Experiences

Though we never did get into the separate dining restaurant, the dining room was a thoroughly delightful experience each night! Our waiter and assistant were both professional and apparently very satisfied with their careers, as they kept us laughing the whole time!

Plenty of variety and schedules to work with. If you couldn't find something to do at any given time, you just didn't want to do anything!

We had checked in rather late, and wanted to take a look around the ship before actually heading to our rooms. My friends' attendant waited by her door until she actually came back to her room, as she was the last one to get there! That was such a pleasant surprise.

The ship size was perfect. Mega-ships are just too large, but like Goldilocks, Century was "just right" for me. The crew worked continuously to keep the public areas clean, and since my friend and I had cabins absolutely at one end of the ship from the other, I would say accessibility was excellent. We would meet in the middle, and go from there!

My friend and I had two separate balcony staterooms, and they were just the right size. This was a girls only trip, but my husband would have been very happy in this stateroom.

Ports Of Call

My friend was just recovering from a bad cold, so unfortunately we did not take any of the excursions (which sounded wonderful). We did go downtown, and it was a very pleasant experience. Found a wonderful coffee house "The Coffee Bean" where the coffee and homemade desserts should not be missed! The shopping was great fun, and there are many bargains to be found.
Don't Miss: If I should do this trip again, I would probably hire a taxi to take me around the island to the ruins.

Key West, Florida

Being a Floridian, I have been to Key West many times before. However, I do think this is a must see place for anyone who has never been there. I would recommend the Conch Trail or trolley tour, as there is plenty of time to do that and do a little shopping or have a marguerita before heading back to the ship.

Pros: The food and entertainment

Cons: The buffet

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!