A great getaway!

Celebration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 27, 2007
Ship: Celebration
This was our first cruise. From our point of view it was great. Not brand new but for the price it was great. The beds were great! Rooms had enough space. Horizon resteraunt was very nice.
We did not book through the ship but went out on our own. We went to Ripley's not cheap for 6 but worth it. Got some great shopping deals and went to Hemmingway's House very interesting (cheaper on your own). Hogsbreath Tavern was also very nice.
Don't Miss: shopping
Don't Miss: shopping
Once again went out on our own maybe if we had gone through the ship it would have been better. We went to Cabbage beach taxi ride was very scary when little kids ask for a seat belt you know your in trouble. We got to the beach and were basically attacked by the people renting chairs, braiding hair, coconut drinks, water sports and beaded jewelery. This was bad enough since I got scammed by the women doing my girls braids ended up costing me $150. The undertow made it impossible to go any farther than the shoreline. There was no bathrooms except at the Atlantis which was supposed to be for guests only. We tried the parasailing which was good except my husband had neg. a deal for us on shore the boat guy did not like it and was fighting over the phone the entire time, this was scary. A fight broke out that looked like a gang war with knives, rocks, big spear looking sticks they were fighting over money. We left terrified.

Pros: The food

Cons: The camp carnival schedule

Recommends Celebration? Yes!