A Nice Cruise

Celebration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 04, 2006
Ship: Celebration
We just cruised on the Carnival Celebration. My first impression when I walked on the ship was, "Wow is she old!". I have been on NCL's Majesty, and that is an old ship, but it is beautiful. This ship was kind of ugly. I'm usually pretty easy to please,and such things don't really bother me, but it was just that noticable. I couldn't believe how "dated" the staterooms and Dining Rooms were. They really need a makeover. The chairs at dinner were so worn out and uncomfortable. I really think they need to retire the ship, everything about it is outdated. We hit some rough water, and the ship did not handle it well at all. The deck was so small, that they did not have a band up on deck, they had a DJ instead! How pathetic! There was bearly room to dance.
However, even though that was my impression of the ship, it did not stop me from having a great time. The food in all areas was excellent, the service in the dining room was excellent, the stateroom service was excellent. They do have a problem with Room Service. The first day I ordered Coffee, and got no mugs. Then I was told that they were too busy to come back with mugs, so tough luck1 The next morning I got mugs, but no coffee! The third day, I did what they evidentally wanted, and went up to breakfast!!!
Truthfully, I would not book another cruise on this ship.

No problems in this area.

Pretty good, nothing great, but there was plenty to do.

Top quality service everywhere except Room Service.

Very old, dated, and worn out!

Very old, out dated, bathrooms were really worn out and kinda gross, I tried to overlook it. The bed was however comfortable, and they did have the new "Carnival Comfort sheets & quilts on it. Service for the statement was excellent. Rooms were very big. They should put some money into the ship, and do a major makeover.
Took the trolly tour, on and off whenever you want. A lot of Shopping. They also had a lot of museums. We really just took a brief tour, shopped a little, and had a drink at Sloppy Joe's. If you like to party, there were many places to do so. However, the cruise ships leave early in the afternoon, and you really miss all the FUN in Keywest. You would have to visit the island on a land trip.
I don't really care for Nassau. There is a lot of shopping if you like that. I would recommend taking a ride over to Cable Beach for the day. I would recommend staying away from the Atlantas. It is way overcrowded, and really nothing much to see.
Don't Miss: Cable Beach, the water is beautiful.
Don't Miss: Cable Beach, the water is beautiful.

Pros: I was on vacation!

Cons: Very OLD Ship!

Recommends Celebration? No.