Celebration (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A nice surprise

Sail Date: March 13, 2008

Since the ship was so old and and soon retiring I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise it was very nice. The ship was clean and was more up to date than expected. The staff was extremely curtious and out going. They were always looking to help and go out of their way for guests. The food was much better than expect with many options including, a pizza bar (open 24 hrs), sushi for happy hour, a main dining room (the food was what you would expect in a lower end high class restuarant- if that makes sense), and the restaurant close to the main pool, which was open most hours and had anything you could ever want. The only negative I would say are the pools. There are 3, 1adult, 1 for kids and adults and 1 for kids only. My last cruise had a pool you could lounge on the edges and spend the day by, not this one. The pools were all small and not something you would neccessarily want to go into except to cool off very quickly.

Pros: cleanliness, staff

Cons: pool

Recommends Celebration (RETIRED)? Yes!

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Freeport was hit pretty hard by hurricanes a few years ago and has not fully recovered. I think eventually it will be an amazing place to visit, but right now it still needs a little developing.
Nassau is what you would expect in the bahamas, a little old, but nice. Paradise Island is definitly more upscale and developed. Atlantis is a must see and if you can afford it do the Atlantis Aquadventure. This gives you access to all of Atlantis' pools, beachs, waterslides, etc. Food is expensive there....
Don't Miss: Atlantis AquaAdventure