Celebration (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

..just blah

Sail Date: May 28, 2007

the decor was somewhat lacking throughout the ship, but the ship overall was clean (and that's what matters). I didn't like the food, so i quickly found their 24 hour pizzaria and ate there, just about every day (I will add that Carnival does have the best pizza ever). I found the bar service to be very irritating; I purchased a "coke" card to allow me cokes the length of the trip and every time I went to the bar to get a coke I was always ignored. The people getting the 6 and 7 dollar drinks always got johnny-on-the-spot service though. In the dining room it's like pulling teeth to get a waiter to get you a coke from the bar to go with your dinner. Some of the shows were good, but most were blah. Now for the good points: the waiters were always around in the buffet to take your tray when you were done. The crew that you would pass in the hallway as you walked out of your room were very polite and friendly and would almost always say hello or good morning. The pizza was AWESOME! ..and personally I enjoyed the art auction they had..as well as the karaoke lounge. Overall, it was an enjoyable cruise, but it could have been alot better.

Pros: honestly, the pizza and the ocean view window

Cons: the food..the dining room's food was just mediocre and the buffet wasn't very good--accept for breakfast, but even then the bacon was dripping with two tons of grease

Recommends Celebration (RETIRED)? No.

Key West, Florida
we did the "big 3" excursion and it was way overrated; we enjoyed the kayaking very much, but the waves were so choppy it was nearly impossible to snorkel..and the looking for dolphins bit..was rubbish..they did nothing more than soak us to death by making the boat splash water on everyone while we were already freezing. didn't eat at any of the restaurants..the only thing i disliked about this port was that we didn't get to spend enough time there for me to really explore the town.
Don't Miss: the shopping
Key West, Florida
Don't Miss: the shopping
yes, ladies and gentleman, they do have a Hard Rock Cafe in the Bahamas 8 ) ..the straw market was interesting; it was fun to look around and find stuff you want, but the people that would haggle with you would set a certain price and wouldn't go below it for anything; so, that was a bit frustrating. They do sell alot of prada, coach, etc.. knockoffs..and try to charge you as if they were real deal. I got a french braid done at the braiding place (right around the entrance to the town) and I was very pleased with it..a bit pricey though. The shopping was good..and they did have some normal restaurants..subway, senior frog, burger king, etc ..dear God don't step out into the street thinking cars will wait on pedestrians to cross..cuz they won't! ..There are NO driving laws there..whoever goes goes.
Don't Miss: ha..for me it was getting some decent food, but for someone else that has been eating good food all week--I would say the straw market shopping..they have lots of little knick-knacks and such.