Celebration (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was our first cruise and we loved it! We left Galveston on 8/02/03. Finding the correct parking lot was a little confusing, as there were lots of ?official ones? driving to the pier. Just remember to drive right to the curb for luggage drop-off and it?s easy after that. I handled my luggage less on this vacation then I think I ever have! It was delivered right to the cabin and picked up out side your door on the way back. What can I say about the food other then it was great and there was LOTs of it! Our first dining experience was in the Wheelhouse Bar and Grill and it was very good. The pizza was good and always available. Our dining room experiences were fantastic. We had late seating for dinner in the Horizon and our table had good company and great service. Did I say GREAT service? I?m not sure how they match us up for tables, but whatever system they use, I hope they don?t stop! Three of the couples were divers as well.The food was very good and the overall experience was just plain fun. Our cabin was kept spotless by our cabin steward and was cleaned twice a day! We really enjoyed the folded towel animals left on our bed every night. The ship's activities were good and varied and the staff was excellent. We went to about every show and enjoyed them all. Also if you have teen-age kids this is the place to take them! The staff had non-stop actives for all ages. The ports of call were great and because we are divers we spent a lot of the shore time diving! We have both been to Cozumel many times before and love the town and the people. In fact I think Cozumel has the friendliest people out of all the places we?ve been scuba diving. The the water and diving of course were incredible. Calica as a port is rather stark, but the immediate area gives access to Cancun and Playa del Carmen and those spots are great for fun. We didn?t see much of Playa del Carmen this trip because we did an in-land dive trip to the Cenote Cavern?s with Tank-Ha dive center. If you like diving this is a must do! I could write a whole review on that by itself. http://www.tankha.com/dive_cenote.htmlI would cruise Carnival again and the Celebration gets my wholehearted recommendation.