Celebration (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was our first cruise and getting on the ship was easier than expected. The ship is dated, but is well kept, in my opinion. The staff was excellent and I felt like I was being pampered. Trevor, our cruise director, did an excellent job in keeping us informed on what was happening, and in entertaining us at some points. Most shows were great at night, though a bit more risque for the kids than I would have thought they wanted to be (Las Vegas Showgirls). The food in the Horizon dining room was excellent. The service by the professional waiters, servers and bus boys could not have been better. At the end of the week, they felt like family and we hated to leave them. Our room was small, but well kept and clean. The steward was never seen but always noticed. A running joke on the ship was that if you got up in the night to go the bathroom you would most likely come back to your bed to clean sheets, folded perfectly back, a chocolate on your pillow, and a towel folded like an animal at the foot of your bed. You do have to push the single beds together to equal a king bed. Unfortunately, they can roll apart if you are not careful, which can make for some awkward moments. I have but two real complaints that I don't think there is a solution to. The pools were always occupied by kids...all three. If you weren't age 12 or under, then you might as well not think about getting in the pool. An "adult only" pool would have been nice.The other complaint was the bumping of the ship. This being my first cruise, I came on expecting this, but when I got off the ship on Saturday I could really tell the difference.Be prepared for a long disembarkation when you arrive back in port on your final day. With recent immigration and customs rules, it really slows down getting off the ship. All in all...a great honeymoon cruise, and a great first cruise. We have been recommending Carnival's Celebration out of Galveston to all of our friends and family ever since we got back!