Celebration (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

More that I could have dreamed of!

Sail Date: June 16, 2007

The ship was one of the older and smaller ones on the Carnial line, but the atmosphere was fabulous. The ship had been rated #1 in most categories by the passengers and you could tell. Everybody was looking to have a good time. We got to know other passengers and the crew that took such good care of us!

Pros: I loved the activities, the entertainment, the dining experience and the crew. There was something for everybody.

Cons: I had a hard time finding my way around the ship occasionally. Really I couldn't complain about anything.

Recommends Celebration (RETIRED)? Yes!

The ship was one of the smaller ships in the fleet, but that made the experience better for me. I had trouble figuring out where everything was even with the ship being small!! I met the same people several times and enjoyed getting to know them. I don't think that would happen on a larger ship.
The food was great and we had opportunities to try things we had never eaten before. Our waiter was friendly and made the dining experience something we all looked forward to each night.
The stateroom was small and somewhat cramped with 5 of us in a room. However, I didn't intend to spend much time in it!! We had some difficulty trying to all get ready at the same time. The staff who took care of us were friendly and very accomodating. They left us treats at night and turned down the covers for us.
We loved the staff. They were hard working and friendly. We got to know them as well as anybody on the ship and enjoyed talking with them.
The shows and activities that we attended were well done and lots of fun. There was something for everybody to enjoy.
We went snorkeling at the Bahamas and had a great time. We were in a tropical storm just after that and had to duck inside the straw market during the storm. I didn't enjoy the market as much, but some of our party bought several things there. We stopped to eat but shouldn't have because all the shops closed at 6:00 even though we didn't have to be back on the ship until 9:00.
Key West, Florida
Some of us went parasailing which was fabulous fun! The rest of our bunch went on a glass bottom boat. Some of the people on that tour got sea sick and didn't enjoy their time. We also walked down to a public beach and got in the water.