Celebration (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Excellent Cruise!

Sail Date: June 17, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We sailed out of Jackonsville so we didn't have to drive so far. JAX Port is a small port and was very easy to find and to clear customs. The Celebration is an older and smaller Carnival ship but very friendly and comfortable. We took 2 children and they had a great time also. Food and entertainment was excellent. I would cruise the Celebration again.

Pros: We thoroughly enjoyed the food and fantastic service we received.

Cons: Shows featuring the celebration dancers were not as good as we had seen on other ships.

Comedy shows and magic shows were SUPERB! The regular nightly shows by the celebration dancers was less than I expected.
Key West, Florida
The ship was not in port long enough to see much. We just walked around ourselves a little bit but did not do any excursions.
I know why I hate the Bahamas now. Every 15 feet some native was yelling at my daughters to get their hair braided. Bahamamians were unfriendly. We rode the horse-drawn carriage for $10/person and the trip lasted 25 minutes. It was OK. Next time, I will remain on board at the Bahamas.