jallaway Cruise Review on Carnival Vista on Jun 08, 2019

Carnival Vista Cruise Review

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 08, 2019

Ship: Carnival Vista

Review summary

All done with my cruise on the Vista. I have to the think the complaints are unfounded. For me, overall, it was no better or worse than the Dream class ships I've been on. Some advantages are negated by some quirks. I'll just comment on the quirks: The lobby isn't as bad as some make it out to be; but it could use a refresh. The graphic light column gets old quick. The displays can make the room claustrophobic and it often casts a weird shade of light across the lobby. The lobby is much smaller than what appears on the numerous photos and YouTube videos I had seen before the cruise. The lobby elevators arent necessarily slow, just wonky. There's eight elevators but they are paired to different floor combinations, so there's three different call buttons. The main dining rooms decor looks like a 60's coffee shop. I think they are experimenting with large prep stations that chop up the space; but I'm not sure how much difference they made for speeding up service. Good: The food quality was one of the best I've had on a Carnival ship. The ship was very smoooooth. The bad? It was a HOT, often uncomfortably hot cruise, especially during the first few days. A "technical problem" that was slowing down the ship was noted by the Captain in a letter. As we all know, that's an especially bad thing for the long Galveston runs.