Short but Sweet Getaway

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Victory

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: April 13, 2018

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

This cruise was fun, but the number of guests that were stuck on the boat for the day at sea left everything congested and "over-picked" especially for the food. The plan would be to take the kids on the next cruise, but due to the extremely inappropriate attire of the majority of the cruisers I would more than likely not bring my children on a non-family oriented cruise such as the Carnival Cruise Lines.

Embarkation

We were able to complete all of our check-in online and then when we arrived at the airport we were able to check-in at the desk there which at the time had no one in line! When we arrived at the port we were able to go straight onto the boat and since we didn't check our bags we went straight to our room to get settled.

Ship Experiences

The dining rooms were nice, however the food was extremely bland and not enough of complimentary courses. I ended up with the same dish 2 nights in a row. We chose to just go to the buffet on the third night. The food from the Blue Iguana (burrito and taco) was very good. Always a great lunch idea. The burger's from Guy Fierris place is also very good! We got burgers 2x and took them back to our room to eat.

Grand Buffet

Lines were long and all in so many different directions. Very confusing.

Club Arctic Dance Club

A little tight for the number of people the ship serves, but it was fun and had great music.

One of the only real things I wanted to do was be able to sit in the hot-tub and relax. The first evening on the boat the hot-tubs in the adult lounge was colder than the pool would have been. The next day I went to the hot-tubs on the back of the boat where they were too hot (I never complain anything is too hot). The following day we were able to sit in the hot-tub and it was enjoyable. The steam room for the women was broken when I went to sit in it and the worker said it has been broken for nearly 2 weeks. That is one of the best amenities that I feel is great after a long day of sweating and needing to relax and deep breathe. I was highly disappointed.

South China Sea Club Casino

Definitely designed to not win. We were hooked and spent a ton with no return. The coin machines we played kept closing their drops so we wouldn't get all the quarters that were actually falling out.

The DJs at each of the events were very on point. The last show we watched on the ship, VROOM, was really great. Right before the show was the first I had heard of it and I wish they would have made an announcement about it ahead of time.

Seven Seas Atrium

Plenty of room in the large venue for all the bingo participants.

Carnival SeasideTheater

The comedy shows held here were great!

Did not have children with us on this trip.

The staff on board was extremely attentive and kind.

We were woken every day by 0800 by a loud clanging sound and what sounded like a miter saw going each day we awoke on the ship. Getting woken up in that manner was not appreciated in anyway. We could have been told during our boarding that there may be disturbance at a particular time and offered the chance to change our room. Very disappointed in the lack of preparation to ensure a pleasant and relaxing experience for the guests as it bothered everyone within our room vicinity.

The size and comfort of the cabin was nice. Budi our housekeeper did a great job accommodating us and our needs with our daily service on our room.

I loved being in the middle of the ship it did ease off the feeling that you are moving, however we were booked a room right outside of the hallway to the elevator so all hours of the night and morning were met with dings of each elevator arriving.

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida

The beaches on the island were alright but not necessarily set-up too heavily for tourists. No umbrella or beach chair options. We were very far away from the Atlantis resort and because of such I was not interested in paying the fare to get there on top of the fee to get into the resort. We had been thinking about excursions but had not booked one. When we went down to do it we were too late. We were left on our own around the island and made our way walking to the Queens Staircase as well as Fort Fincastle.

Disembarkation

As we were getting pushed out of our room by 0830 we had knocks on our door at 0730 and at 0800 to see if we were still there. It made me have to stop getting ready just to answer the door. If you say we have until 0830 then do that! I also wanted to head upstairs for some breakfast, but as we came out of the room we were quickly shuffled into the line leaving the ship and then felt obligated to stay and just eat once we left the port. The total time to go from the ship to outside the port/ customs took us roughly an hour.