Traveling with special needs

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Victory
2 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 22, 2017
Ship: Carnival Victory
Great experience. I am very impressed and sincerly overjoyed with the hospitality of the crew. They were very sensitive to special needs of my child. I never once had to worry about the safety of my child and will definately be returning. This cruise was a test run for my children and we will be on more cruises in the future.
I have an autistic child that has issues with crowded spaces. The crew that checked us in were very helpful and expedited the boarding process. I was amazed at the professionalism and sensitivity. During the muster drill, we followed the procedure and mustered at our station. The crew identified my child having some difficulty, they checked us in and guided us to a quiet area to receive the rest of the instructions.

The buffet was a good experience with a wide choice. The main dining halls were great with service but some of the items (the steak in perticular) was not great. The selection over all is great and the availability of food is convenient. My only suggestion would be to incorporate chicken fingers (at my other sons request)

Lots of things to do for everyone. This was a quick trip so not as much were offered.

Overall the staff were wonderful. Helpful, friendly, and thoughtful. I really appreciated the person in charge of our rooms (1102). He was so helpful and the best representative of carnival. The worse thing I saw was supervisor berating another employee in front of guests.

The common areas were well maintained and the decks were cleaned often. Even when the drunk people made huge messes

A cabinet door in our room was broken and there were significant stains on the floor of the room. The size of the room was perfect for a family of four

Buy the lanyard for your card.

Great employees. We did not go on any excursions while carnival.
The jewelry shops sound like they are a good deal but they take a 30%mark up on market value. The excursion to the island was beyond great. The service was not great and employees were not as helpful, but the ride on the boat, beach activities, and overall excision was amazing.
Nice and easy. We got out early and were guided through with no problem