A Good First Cruise

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 13, 2017
Ship: Carnival Victory
Reviewed: 1 month ago
The cruise was a 3 day trip to Nassau with a full day at sea and nearly a full day docked in the Bahamas. The ship was pretty steady, to the point where you mostly didn't notice you weren't on land. I would go again, although I would look for a better deal. By the time the room, taxes, tips, a drink package, an excursion, transportation from airport to port, and my plane ticket were added up, this 3 day trip cost me $1,000.
I felt directions on where to go could have been more clear. Despite being picked up from the airport and driven to port on the shuttle, I still had 4 people tell me to go to different places.

The buffet was definitely the way to go. Main dining "shows" were awkward.

Pools were nice, but crowded. The adults only retreat was really relaxing in the mornings.

There were some weird bands, but the piano bar and acoustic guitarist made up for it.

no kids

Staff overall was wonderful, but I cannot say enough good things about one of the waiters (Martins) and a bartender (Dayiana). They both were personable, funny, and professional. People like this made the trip more enjoyable.

I wish there were more signs around about where things were. A few times we had to go up and around because there were no direct paths to get where we wanted to go.

The cabin was larger than I expected with comfortable beds and a TV. I was pleased.

Think about who you'll be rooming with if you'd like a drink package. If traveling with a group of 4, it might be worth switching the guests staying together to better suit the drink package rules. And taxes/tips are added to EVERYTHING.

There were no attractions in the immediate area. Basically, you got right on the boat and once off the boat were shuttled off to the airport. The building was nice, but it was a lengthy trip to get from the front door to the boat itself.
The shops immediately off port were great to see some local flavor. There were things to do nearby and cabs readily available (although driving seemed dangerous). We went to Blue Lagoon Island, which I highly recommend. It was beautiful and the water was so dense you could float with no effort.
Getting off the boat was much easier than getting on.