First and last cruise.

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Victory

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 14, 2017

Ship: Carnival Victory

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 8341

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

It was first and last cruise for me. Maybe others will have better luck. I think for what we had to pay for to get down to the cruise and the price of the cruise, it was not worth what we paid for. We had high hopes for a fun vacation with laying out by the pools with drinks and sunshine and we didn't get any of that. We could feel the boat moving which made us slightly queasy, mostly in the Lido buffet restaurant. The cruise director was fun, but we didn't need announcements every hour. Overall, I would not go on this cruise again though Philepe made it as fun as he could.

Embarkation

Lines moved relatively quickly until arriving onto the ship. Once on board there was no direction and people everywhere.

Ship experiences

The buffet was fine and had a nice dinner our last night in the Atlantic Room. The only food available after midnight was pizza where the line was so long one night we actually opted to go back to our room and pay EXTRA for room service.

There's not enough room in the pools so don't even bother. The one (and two whirlpool ones) on the main Lido deck was jam packed with kids. The adults only pools were two whirlpool tubs which always had people packed into it as well. The slide doesn't end up in a pool, it just stops abruptly.

The cruise's Fun Squad was probably this ships saving grace for me. If gave us something to do each night, the musical talent was on point, and the dancers were so fun to watch we couldn't help but giggle. The comedians were one for two. One was fantastic and the other was good but offending people left and right. We did enjoy the dance club portion the first night.

I don't have kids. But thanks for the bitter reminder.

Guest service was less than pleasant and long lines from the time they opened to the time they closed. Which would have mattered if I didn't have to keep going back to have my room key reset because it wouldn't work. I even kept it separate from everything (such as other cards, phones, any metals).

Outdated for sure. The layout was terrible. Certain elevators and stairs would bring you to certain areas but not back to your rooms. We had to constantly go to multiple staircases to get where we needed to go. DONT BOTHER WAITING FOR THE ELEVATORS. You'll be in the same spot the entire cruise waiting. It was clean.

No complaints regarding the room. The bed was small but surprisingly comfortable.

Ship tip

I wasn't impressed. Unless you plan on spending your time drinking to make it enjoyable or laying out along the side of the ship for some sun, I would pass. I'm so glad we only did a three day cruise.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Wish we would have stayed in Miami for the weekend instead of the cruise.

We did an excursion to Atlantis. Unfortunately, since we did not have access to the weather (you have to pay for an internet plan if you want access, and we heard it wasn't good) we paid about $200 to get to Atlantis, and by the time we actually arrived onto the resort, a storm rolled in and they closed all the slides, the river we wanted to enjoy, and some of the pools. We didn't get to enjoy anything we had hoped. We were refunded half the money, but they should have notified us of the weather so we could have made an informed decision since they DID know the weather. So much for that.

Disembarkation

Awful! They call everyone down by cabin floors and with or without luggage. Ideally, it would be organized but instead people were coming off the elevators with no where to go and cramming into each other to get off. Some were even not able to exit the elevators because there wasn't room to even step out.

Traveler Photos

Crammed pool, deck and slide that leads to no where. As the second rainstorm is finishing the downpour. Nice picture before it stormed and they closed all the slides.