Construction noise ruined trip

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Victory

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: November 14, 2016

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

If you are thinking of taking this cruise, be sure to ask Carnival if they are refurbishing cabins near yours. They have been doing this throughout 2016, which is why (it would seem) the boarding times have been delayed. Recent cruisers report getting a phone call or email a few days before boarding to tell them that the sailing will be delayed by several hours. For the Nov 11 sailing, we should have left Miami at 4 pm but did so around 10 pm. We had refurbished cabins on deck 6 and while they were very nice we certainly didn't enjoy listening to the construction on deck 7 just above us: sawing, drilling, banging. We especially didn't like it when the night shift of construction work started at 10:30 pm. We complained but were told that the work had to go on...Great way to treat paying customers. Love the way Carnival chose not to tell us that we would be exposed to constant construction noise during our cruise - if I had known maybe I wouldn't have wasted my money on a balcony since I couldn't sit out there anyway. We'll never travel Carnival again.

Ship Experiences