Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Cruise October 16, 2016

Sail Date: October 16, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Our cruise wasn't the cruise we purchased.   We were notified that our itennerary was changed due to a previous hurricane.   The trip was changed to Grand Turk.  We were notified four days before our trip and we would of lost most of what we paid months in advance due to the last minute cancellation.  After researching the island we wanted to cancel was because a hirricane pretty much wiped out the island in 2008 and was never cleaned up by the U.K.  It was not a romantic vacation for my wife's and my birthdays.  Cruising to and from Grand Turk in state 4 to 5 seas, in storms, trying not to get sea sick was not my definition of romantic.  Also the ship that docked next to ours came from the Bahamas.  We came to the conclusion that if we went to Nassua the ships casino would have to close.  In Grand Turk which has a island with nothing to do, the guest would just stay and gamble on board.

Our main complaint was the food we were served was cold.  I addressed the issue to a few and the new food was warn.  Very disappointed in the food

Our stateroom had a constant banging while we tried to sleep.  Had an engineer evaluate the banging and was informed it was a problem that could not be repaired at that time. I'll bet our room was not repaired for the next guest either.  We endured 4 evenings with little sleep.

Im concerned about my lack of fees not returned due to ports we didn't have.  I was also told we pay port fees for the cape.  You don't pay fees for your home port.

As far as the room stewards and our wait staff at our dining room, they were outstanding.  Very professional.  They did the best they could with what they had to work with.

Cabin / Stateroom Noisey
New carpet and paint doesn't make a cruise successful
Boring
Children's Programs N/A
room and dining waiters were outstanding senior staff was not friendly.
Cold

Take plenty of cash. You are nivkled and dimmed to death.