Sail Date: October 09, 2016
Reviewed: 5 months ago
Traveled As: Family (young children)
Room Type: Inside
We were not able to go on our cruise. We stayed in contact with as well as our hotel frequently due to Hurricane Matthew. We also subscribed to text alerts through Carnival lines. We were to stay all night Saturday night in Cocoa Florida close to our port. Our port was closed Thursday-Saturday. Carnival didn't make the decision to sail until Saturday at 6pm. We did not have enough time to drive to our hotel. We called our hotel that night at 10pm on Saturday and were told they had no power and were still evacuated from the area. Despite purchasing insurance and given very little time, Carnival has refused to reschedule our cruise. This has been very disappointing to our children and financially depleting to us. We can not afford to try another cruise with customer service policy such as these. did have some wonderful representatives that worked long and hard with us trying to help us receive our cruise at a future date but Carnival refused.