Hurricane Matthew ruined my vacation

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Bahamas
Sail Date: October 02, 2016
Ship: Carnival Victory

The best thing about the cruise was the club, lounge, dinner, and meeting so many nice and fun people. The worst thing about the cruise was the fact that we had to come back a day early. I was not prepared for the extra expenses I had to pay to fly back to Washington D.C. a day early. I paid for 2 round trip shuttle rides from the airport to the ship and back and that money was wasted because the shuttle wasn't running when we returned. My friend and I were detained for a "random" search that lead to nothing but over an hour of wasted time were we missed any transportation to the airport and was left to call for a taxi that cost $121.00 for the 2 of us to return to the airport. We had to book the most inconvenient flight back to Baltimore (because everything to Washington D.C. was completely sold out) that cost over $550.00(another unexpected expense), which I feel some of that cost, if not all should be comped. Other things that I was dissatisfied with were minor but non-the-less made me and my friend quite unhappy. I requested an upgrade to my room and the room was extremely outdated. The remote control didn't work, luckily we didn't spend that much time in the room to be completely irritated by it. There were rust stains in the bathroom shower, we only had one towel animal made for us (after we asked) and that was the second day. The bathroom had a horrid smell so we had to keep the balcony door open for a while so the order could dissipate. We didn't receive any robes, the pool towels were old and frayed, and our bath towels were stained with what I hope was rust. Lastly the price of the alcoholic drinks were way over priced.

I did however love the wonderful service of our waiter, he was awesome! I enjoyed the time we spent at the beach and the location of our room, I just wish it was up to date like the other rooms were. I don't think the price of the room was worth the quality of the room.

our room was out of date and sub-par

rust stains in the bathroom, old and torn pool towels, no towels, out of date t.v. and non-working remote control.