Not such a great experience

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Bahamas
Sail Date: September 15, 2016
Ship: Carnival Victory

I enjoyed the open seating which I had never done before and the food was good. Staff was generally nice but was not a good experience overall.  On the day we boarded we went to the Lido to get food which was supposed to be open until 4pm.  We got to the Lido at 3:55, although late yes, the line was already closed.  The air conditioner in my unit made a loud noise from day one, and even though I told the desk & room steward it was never fixed.  I usually sleep very well on ships, but had to sleep with a pillow over my head to try to drown out the noise. The room was dirty upon arrival; chocolate on the floor and hairs all over the bathroom (including toilet) very discussing. Again, told the desk staff( I had pictures) but the chocolate remained there for the duration of my cruise.  I have cruised Carnival before & enjoyed my experience, this one not so much.  Would definitely consider another line in the future.

Room was not clean.
The air conditioner in my unit made a loud noise from day one and even though I told the desk & room steward it was never fixed. I usually sleep very well on ships, but had to sleep with a pillow over my head to try to drown out the noise. The room was dirty upon arrival; chocolate on the floor and hairs all over the bathroom (including toilet) very discussing. Again, told the desk staff( I had pictures) but the chocolate remained there for the duration of my cruise.