Cruise Review

Bahamas

Sail Date: September 15, 2016

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

This was my first cruise and I did not know what to expect. I wish I would have known before hand of the various activities before boarding. I didn't feel quite prepared and probably could have packed better. I liked the Fun Times schedule that was provided everyday, which helped in planning activities throughout the day.. I believe 2 days at the port, would have been better than 1. 8 hours just isn't enough to explore the island and see what it has to offer. Overall, it was a good experience and I'm glad I was able to go.

Ship Experiences

It was nice to have a variety of foods to choose from.

There was a particular odor on deck 6.

My cabin was clean and presentable when I arrived, but my sheets were not cleaned thoroughly. There were a few stains that appeared on the sheets. it was nice to receive complimentary water in the room on arrival, but I think it should be a continued service every time the beds are made and new towels are provided. Water is a basic necessity that everyone should have and there shouldn't be an additional charge.

Ports Of Call

Port Canaveral, Florida

The Bahamas destination was great, but I think more information should be provided as to other safe and popular areas to explore the island. Visiting only the port area and the town doesn't grasp the experience of the Bahamas. The excursions should include an island tour/historical tours, maybe a tour of the rum cake factory.