Not what I expected for my first cruise...

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: August 18, 2016
Ship: Carnival Victory

As I walked up the ramp to take pleasure in my very first cruise, my heart was pounding and my stomach had butterflies.  Unfortunately, my heart was never filled with excitement and my stomach was only full at the evening dinners...

The ship was repairing the deck floors and the sound of a jackhammer during breakfast was not calming and refreshing.  Neither was the long lines to receive food and drinks.  Nor the pools the size of hot tubs embodying 100 people with a capacity of maybe 30.  I'm not normally a complainer, I just wanted a nice relaxing weekend get away and I felt disillusioned.  The little towel character wasn't even on my bed on the first day. ha  I did enjoy the food when I ate, and the waitstaff at dinner were great.  I enjoyed the comedians.  They were fun every night and I did enjoy (most of all) the ATV excursion that I took off shore.  Not sure if this will discourage me from future cruises, but it will definitely keep me off of the Carnival Victory.

Melting cake was to die for

Comedians were great

Owen and Daniel were great as our dinner staff

Pools were extremely small and they were doing deck construction the whole trip

so small and no little towel character my first day:(