Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Great Cruise But Wouldn't Go Over Christmas Again

Sail Date: December 22, 2014

My wife and I had a great time cruising the Carnival Victory for 5 days. The room and balcony was really nice. We didn't have an issue with the food or motion sickness.

We had dinner in the rear of the boat one night while we were at sea and we could really tell that the boat was rocking up and down, but aside from that it wasn't bad... or at least it didn't affect us which was nice.

5 days on a cruise through the Caribbean was nice, but I would definitely NOT go over Christmas again.

It sounded amazing to say "Hey, how amazing would it be to get away from this cold Colorado winter and sit on a beach in the Caribbean over Christmas?!?"

Haha... it was a no brainer, but what I forgot to think about is that it's Christmas for everybody in the Caribbean as well. So NO shops, stores and very little restaurants where open. "Crap!"

I mean, I wouldn't want to work over Christmas either, but I didn't even think about it. The other aspect of the cruise is that there was considerably less people traveling as well, so that was one good thing.

All in all we would do it again, but not over a major holiday.

Cruise Photos

Cabin was nice and we loved the balcony. The shower was hot and strong pressure.

If you like to drink, purchase an alcohol package to be delivered to your room, then you can bring on-board your mixes to enjoy :)